Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Securing a Safe...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
I'm buying a safe for personal papers and possibly some light valuables...
But God only knows what I'll be using it for 5 years from now.

It has holes in the bottom to bolt it down and I think I can get a 3/4"
thick metal plate in there too with holes in the same locations to further
beef up the bottom...

What would *you* do to properly secure a safe to the floor, wall, etc.?

I'm not to worried about someone breaching the door as I'm not keeping
super-valuables in there, but I do plan on making sure that anyone who
tries to simply run away with the safe has one heck of a hard time getting
it off the concrete floor...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

I would do what you said, add the plate INSIDE the safe. Then I would use
BIG Red Heads drilled into the concrete. 3" minimum. Yes, your main
concern is to fasten it as close to the floor as you can, and that includes
making the sides come down straight to meet the floor. As in don't give
them a groove where they can get a prybar in between the safe and floor to
get any leverage.

Have fun.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?