Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Securing a Safe...

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I'm buying a safe for personal papers and possibly some light valuables...
But God only knows what I'll be using it for 5 years from now.

It has holes in the bottom to bolt it down and I think I can get a 3/4"
thick metal plate in there too with holes in the same locations to further
beef up the bottom...

What would *you* do to properly secure a safe to the floor, wall, etc.?

I'm not to worried about someone breaching the door as I'm not keeping
super-valuables in there, but I do plan on making sure that anyone who tries
to simply run away with the safe has one heck of a hard time getting it off
the concrete floor...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

I would get a plate and drill and tap it to fit the hole pattern on the
bottom of the safe. Then I would Lag the plate to the floor. Put ths
safe on top of the plate and use some studs , nuts and washers to bolt
the safe to the plate. You could also just put some cement anchors in
the floor to match the bolt hole location of the safe.

John