Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default #uck'in Idiots and toxic dust :-(

On Mar 7, 10:35*am, Adrian C wrote:
Mother has got safety ignorant Indian cowboys in to replace an asbestos
cement garage roof.

Any particular reason to replace it? Did it need fixing, or was it
being removed because asbestos is "too dangerous to leave in place".

Method of removal of the old roof is hammers and
smashing it all to pieces,

Hammering it is fortunately a bit less troublesome than disk cutting
it - or even for that matter, pressure-washing the moss off it.

I wouldn't panic, but I would try to encourage safe practice from now
on, a cleanup of the mess they've made so far, and having _their_
lungs doing it. Also check where the stuff is eventually being
disposed of, as they sound like the sort of people who'd be fly-
tipping it under the nearest hedge.