Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default IDC 40-pin connector for 80-conductor cable?

Hal Murray wrote:

There's no way to get 2 female connectors to mate pin 1 to pin 1.

Suppose I have a gizmo that lets me connect female-female, but that
scrambles the pinout. Does it get unscrambled if I use 2 of them
in series? (adding a short chunk of cable with female-female.)

You might as well go to a 40 conductor cable if you do that. The 80
conductor cabe is a set of transmission lines and the reflections from a
mix of 40 & 80 pin conductors will screw it up.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.