Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
m II m II is offline

Default IDC 40-pin connector for 80-conductor cable?

"m II" wrote in message ...

"DaveC" wrote in message

How about giving a female end a sex change by plugging a pin header into
it?

This results in reversing the pin assignments, ie, pin 1 connects to pin 2.
Not good.

----

Either the pins will be what he needs or a male connector wont do it
wither. It will come out the same unless he twists some strands of the
cable.

Think about it.

I don't know why somebody would want a male end on a cable, anyway. The pins
would not be protected and get bent when in storage.

mike

----

Oooops! my bad.

I was in a rush after changing my computer time clock zone and Identity over
a back to make a terrorist posting in other groups.

I'm a complete idiot. I guess I should focus more after being a complete
asshole online.

mike