Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
I AM THAT I AM I AM THAT I AM is offline

Default IDC 40-pin connector for 80-conductor cable?

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 07:58:26 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Looking for IDC male connector, 40-pin for 80-conductor ribbon cable.

This is used on IDE hard drives.

Or an 80-conductor cable with 1 each 40-pin male & female connectors.

Can't seem to find a source, but that is probably because I'm not using good
search terms...

Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks.

UDMA cables have specific "keying" where specific pins are not used.

They are differential pairs where every other conductor is ground.

Try hunting for UDMA male if you can handle the missing key.

Not sure if clamping a standard 40 pin IDC onto an 80 pin flat cable
yields the same thing. Probably does as I can't think of anything about
a UDMA cable connector that is different other than the blocked pin.

goddamned cross-posting idiot.