Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

wrote:

Wherever that is. In my part of "not-Obama-land" (Texas, it's about
$3.15).

Typical Yank stupidity - you don't give a crap about the rest of the
world and you wonder why they hate your guts enough to send suicide
bombers after you.

I couldn't have said it better: I (we) do not give a crap what others think
of us.

I cannot control what others think of me or my country, nor will I conform
my actions in hopes of approbation.

We are what we are and if others don't like it, they own the problem.

Regarding suicide "killers" (not just bombers), they CAN be dealt with. In
the decade of the 90s, we suffered about one terrorist attack per year (1st
WTC bombing, attacks on our embassies, the USS Cole, kidnapping ambassadors,
9-11, etc.).

As a result of 9-11, the strategy of the U.S. has been to prevent another
attack on the U.S. or U.S. interests abroad. This was quite successful in
that for ten years there was not a single offense against our territory or
to our interests abroad.

It didn't last.

There have been three such incidents in the current administration as the
president implemented a policy - of which you no doubt approve - of
adjusting our international words and actions to garner love.