Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default IDC 40-pin connector for 80-conductor cable?

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 07:58:26 -0800, the renowned DaveC
wrote:

Looking for IDC male connector, 40-pin for 80-conductor ribbon cable.

This is used on IDE hard drives.

Or an 80-conductor cable with 1 each 40-pin male & female connectors.

Can't seem to find a source, but that is probably because I'm not using good
search terms...

Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks.

I don't think you'll find them. The female connectors have shorting
links inside and I don't think I've ever seen a male one. Maybe you'll
have to lay out a PCB.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany