Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Pimpom Pimpom is offline

Default IDC 40-pin connector for 80-conductor cable?

DaveC wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...010001%2011775

2968&name=IDE?cm_sp=cablessubcat001-_-flashstorefront-_-ide

Those are cables with typically 1 female connector at one end
and 2
female connectors at the other end.

I need 1 female and 1 male connector.

IDC male 40-pin for 80-conductor flat cable are apparently made
from
unobtainium...

Oops. Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. The time I
needed *that* type of connector which was about 15 years ago for
my Amiga, I made my own. I made a small pcb with two double rows
of pads for header pins, spaced 0.1". The pins came from jumper
headers salvaged from a dead PC card (everything had lots of
jumpers those days). Rather tedious but I didn't have any
alternative. One end of the female IDE cable plugged into one
double row of pins and the other double row was free. If I had to
make one again, I'd use a 40-pin IDC header block or the set of
pins from an old IDE hard disk.