Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default power switch for B&D DB5400-1

I'm sure you know that B&D didn't make that switch...

Prresumably. But one can't automatically assume that.

...so why
not just buy a generic switch that matches the original? Hard
to tell from the exploded diagram I found, but it looks like a
pretty generic slide switch. Or, worst case, *******ize it with
any old switch you have lying around.

It's a fairly large switch (not the stereotypical slide switch), and it's a
two-pole triple-throw.

I checked several distributors and manufacturers. Most current (ar, ar)
slide switches are miniature or sub-miniature, and have ratings of no higher
than 300mA. One can be reasonably sure the BD pulls two or three times that.
And most of the 2P3T switches I found were spring-loaded, etc.

I think I'll call Switchcraft tomorrow and see what they suggest. I'll also
look at the switch again and see if there's a manufacturer or part number.