Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Good Deal on Indicator Holder

Ned Simmons wrote:

The key is getting the bending in the arms right, such that the leaves
at the central joint come together only after there's adequate
clamping force on the balls at the ends, but before reaching the yield
point of the steel.

Has anyone disassembled a Noga holder? I have a picture in my mind of
what the guts may look like, but didn't have one availabe to take
apart while I was working on this arm.

I took mine a part when I recieved it. I can't accurately remember how it works. The
last time I saw the device it was on the passenger front seat of my car just prior to the
head on in December. Hopefully I'll find it in mom's GMC since she picked me up at the
crash site. I'll look tomorrow on the way home and take pictures if I find it.

There are rods inside the arms if that helps you confirm your visage.

Btw, that little thing is nice, my co-worker has one and it is very useful. Someday I'll
buy one to complement my larger square base Noga.

Wes