Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Good Deal on Indicator Holder

Bob Engelhardt wrote in
:

Doug White wrote:
I get promotional emails from Rutland Tool, and they have a sale
going on that caught my eye:

http://www.shoprutlandtool.com/wcsst...pload/Rutland_
Email s/OB115.html

Down at the bottom, they have a Noga Flex Gage Holder marked down
from $99.17 to $53.95 (have to use promotion code OB115 at checkout).

I got one of these when Doug first posted about the sale.

It is great! I have tried to make various devices to hold indicators
and always came up short. This works just the way a holder should:
easy to manipulate when loose & tightens up solidly.

It's also the smallest
magnetic base I've seen with the quick release button. ...

This one does not have the quick release, but tilt-and-lift is easy
enough with the narrow base. Which I also prefer.

The sale is still on. Shipping was $11, IIRC.

Get one - you deserve it,
Bob

Glad you like it. I missed the fact that this one doesn't have the quick
release button. I check Noga's web site, and it seems they've
discontinued the button in favor of a rotating knob, even on the small
bases. It's odd, because they don't seem to admit to making one without
a switch.

Doug White