Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how to make motorcycle mudguards

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:32:11 +0800, Des Bromilow
wrote:

G'Day,

does anyone here have knowledge, articles, experience, etc to cover how
metal motorcycle mudguards are made?

I suspect it involves a number of matched former rollers in a frame
which allows the roller pairs to be adjusted much like the rollers in a
sliproll.

The guards we're interested in are standard C section guards in metal
which are shaped into a circular shape for at least 270 degrees.

If anyone has any information (links, article references, etc) which can
help us make up a machine to make some guards, please help since the
"local" guy who used to make them for the restoration hobbyists is so
overworked that deadlines are being dropped.

Des, I think you want to google up "english wheel".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGrXGR5TBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLhUG...eature=related

--
Life is full of little surprises.