daryl1138

Default Router Table vs Router Table extension on Table Saw

Just a thought...

I am in the process (on hold till warmer temps return) of building a
horizontal table illustrated in FWW a couple of years back. I am
siply mounting two runners to the bottom side that will fit my table
saw miter gauge tracks. These will extend out beyond the table with
flat head bolt on the underside and hand knob top side. Tightening
these should lock the router table to to the table saw fairly
securely. It also gets it up to what I consider a good working
height.

Like I say, can't attest to it working yet or not but it is another
option.
Daryl

(Brian Turner) wrote in message . com...
I had a Craftsman router table. Recently I went into the Sears store
and noticed the same router table mounted to a Craftman 10" table saw.
I called Sears and ordered the parts to mount my router table to my
saw. Personally, I like it. Not only does it save room in my shop,
it is the right height and I can use the back of my fence to route
dados in lager pieces of wood than I could with the fence that came
with the router table. Dust collection is an issue but I like the
other post that suggests making a router fence to mount to my table
saw fence. The fence that came with the Craftsman router table has a
lot to be desired anyway.

(Davemac) wrote in message . com...
Having a router table would be nice but it's another piece of
furniture in the woodshop. Attempting to save space I would like to
make a router extension on the table saw. My question is with the
narrow extension will I have more vibration because of the limited
area to work on?