Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default NAMES 2011....was A day with a Chinese engineer

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:52:55 -0500, Wes
wrote:

SNIP ABOUT SYNTRON

Are you going to NAMES this year?

Wes

Hey Wes,

Yessir !! I've had the room booked at the La Quinta Motel since
November.

I'll be there for the week doing set-up. The show is late this year.
I'm not the historian, but I don't recall it ever taking up a day in
May. It used to fall on the last full weekend of April, but that
stopped being the case some time ago. Maybe when NAMES was held in
Toledo, where there was a conflict with the Weak Signals R/C show?

Rumour has it that Peter Villareal will be the head set-up guy again.
Great guy to work with.

If you can make it, please gimme a shout when you get there...and if
you are free for even one week-day like Wednesday or Thursday we can
sure use the help and happy to put somebody with your skills to work!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps.....little story..... At NAMES 2010, Frank from Chicago didn't show
up. He owns CDCO and sells lots of tooling and lathe accessories,. I
was very disappointed. Anyway, while we were at the IMTS show in
Chicago last September, we saw Frank and "the kid" looking around ,
and after lots of handshaking and head-bobbing and
"where-the-hell-were-you-last-year" it turns out he really hurt his
back loading his truck to come last time, and ended up in the hospital
for a week !! He will be back at NAMES this year though.