Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Black and Decker Workmate - still with dangerously sharp edges?

On 02/03/2011 08:26, MM wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:30:51 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 01/03/2011 11:36, MM wrote:
I've had my B&D workmate for nigh on 25 years and it has given
marvellous service. However, it ain't the safest thing to have around.
I was reminded the other day when I brushed past it in the garage and
ripped open my trousers on one of the sharp edges. When you carefully
feel around the thing there are sharp edges/corners everywhere. I
can't see how something like that would ever get any elfnsafety seal
of approval nowadays.

Now, my 'mate is getting pretty ropey. The plastic clips that keep the
legs extended have long since broken off, so that it's a PITA getting
the thing to stand on its own four legs. Time for a new 'mate, I
reckon. What are recent Workmates like? Are there any better
alternatives?

Draper Magnum 850. Streets ahead.

http://www.alltoolsdirect.co.uk/drap...906-1203-p.asp

That looks very flimsy. It must wobble all over the place.

Far from flimsy, built like a brick outhouse. Doesn't wobble at all.