Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default concrete patio

On 3/1/2011 12:27 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

On Mar 1, 1:08 am, Smitty wrote:
In ,
Jeff Thiesjeff wrote:

One of the projects I've been considering at the rental house is a
patio. The frost line is only a few inches (Atlanta). It is a sizeable
slope and I'll need to do some terracing.

I'd like enough of a patio for a few chairs and a BBQ.

I've done patios out of brick and concrete blocks (location had a lot
of them), and they are fun to do. I have neither at this location and am
thinking concrete. I have no shortage of people available who have
concrete skills. Roughly, I want it to look decent, but not spend a lot
of money. Labor is cheap and fast and seems to be skilled, the stucco
and landing work I had done is very good.

Should I be thinking stamped and stained or casting pavers?

Ready Mix or bagged and a mixer?

Right now I'm just trying to get a feel before I get a crew together
and stake it out.

Jeff

I ripped out my concrete patio and built a wood deck. Much nicer.- Hide
quoted text -

hey you intentially created a maintence issue ?? you must like work.

I don't "maintain" my deck. It's con heart redwood. Lives outdoors
nicely. Doesn't need to be sanded and polished annually, that stuff is
for OCD people.

I'm trying to figure out whether you were trying to be helpful or not.
Dropping 5K on a redwood deck for a rental house seems far from
pragmatic. Is that what you were thinking?

Jeff