Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28206 Ignoramus28206 is offline

Default Weird behavior of servo motor drive

On 2011-03-01, Ignoramus28206 wrote:
OK.

I have fixed all servo drive issues.

1. Some bolt was too tight and there was way too much friction.
2. I set the drive to provide only 25% of peak (25% of 30 amps = 7.5
amps) and that was not enough. I changed it to provide 50% of peak
amps, which is 15%, and now it works great.

I mean 15 amps

3. Like I said, the drive is not yet connected to EMC. Partly this is
because I have not had time, and partly it is because I need to first
get a D/A converter card from Jon, which I forgot to order in time.

At least, what I have now, can be considered a motorized knee without
the CNC feedback/positioning. I can move it up and down, by providing
a signal from a little power supply, with a toy knife switch.