Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
toolbreaker toolbreaker is offline

Default Weird behavior of servo motor drive

On Feb 28, 2:14*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley innews:X62dnfHV58H0h_HQnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@scnresearc h.com:

AMC has a much better .pdf someplac

PT, All the AMC distributors I've looked up (so far) say, "Call us for a
quote".

How much do those drives cost? (yes, I know there are varying capabilities
in the line, but any thumbnail prices?)

Say, a 3-ph analog drive capable of 20A...

Thanks,
LLoyd

From the discussion:

The motor works with a dc source. This implies the motor is working
and is not overly loaded.

Problem has somthing to do with the drive amplifier. I have used
older versions of these devices and they are almost bullet proof. I
expect it is somthing to do with how it is hooked up or the jumper/
switch settings.

Make sure the motor and power supply is hooked up to the correct
terminals. Don't ask me why I know to check this one.

Make sure the amplifer is set for current/torque or Voltage mode

Make sure the control signal is grounded correctly. ie positive to
input possitve negitve to negitve and GROUND. Don't ask me why I know
to check this one too.

Put a DVM on the current moitor signal and see if it is showing
current