Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Weird behavior of servo motor drive

On 2011-02-28, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:l9CdndkoY8SKQ_bQnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

AMC has a much better .pdf someplace in their tech litereature--explains
servo setup / tuning theory from a generic viewpoint sorry I don't have
time to look for it at the moment maybe later.

http://www.a-m-c.com/download/manual...tallManual.pdf

Yes. Thank you. Note though, that I am not even trying to tune it.

Umm, yes you are....

I was just trying to get maximum output out of it.

Sounds to me like it's freewheeling when going down--to the point where it
actually temporarily reverses as soon as you remove sig...but when going
up, your not giving it nearly enough current.....

HORSE-------CARRIAGE

--you MIGHT be able get away to running a heavily imbalanced mechanical load
in IR mode IF there is enough OFFSET adjustment available at the amplifier
pot...but in my experience, probably not...