Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default clenaing pennies didn't work.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:21:55 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), Dottie
wrote:

Coca cola works. However it's not the treal thing which no longer has
cocaine.

You cannot use the special sauce from Big Macs either.
what sauce?

Ignore Harry. I think he is Rod Speed's brother, separated at birth.

One or two webpages suggested ketchup, which they said was made of
vinegar, salt, and tomatoes. * *But I figured I wouldn't be able to
see what was happening. *

I am on the white vinegar only side. Always use it for
cleaning....and getting the soap out of clothes instead of rinse aid.

Thanks. That might be it. I don't really cook, if it requires more
thnan 3 ingredients, so I was so happy to be finished with my other 2
bottles of vinegear, but I'll buy some white vinegar next time I 'm at
the store.

Well, I got the white vinegar and did it again for about 2 hours, with
quite a bit of salt, rinsed, and after the coins dried today, they had
some white stuff but not nearly as much, and half the coins had none,
though no coins were shiny. They are spendable now, and probably
change-machine-depositable. (The change machine now says that if you
put in slugs, foreign coins, and I forget how they said it but I think
they included really dirty coins, they won't be creditted or returned!
I think I lost one cent last time, and I'm not going to do that
again!!!!!, No way, no how.)

Darn I was in the store and forgot to buy sodie pop, which I only
drink once in a while.

So even though the coins are decent now, I'll get back to you again.

BTW, I'm sure 99% of these are later than the all copper coins, but at
the same time, there are no scratches where the zinc shows through.
I've never seen a penny like that, have you all? (I've seen the zinc
edges, but that's not because of scratches.)