Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking For Usable Multimeter - Cheap

Shaun wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
m...
?
? Shaun wrote:
??
?? "Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
?? m...
?? ?
?? ? "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? In article ?,
?? ?? Peabody ? wrote:
?? ?? ? ? There's a bi-monthly swap meet near me for computer
?? ?? ? ? stuff, etc. that has old voltmeters (analog too!). They
?? ?? ? ? are mostly returns that somebody blew the fuse in and
?? ?? ? ? returned. Watching a needle move *can* give useful
?? ?? ? ? information that a digital readout doesn't easily
?? ?? ? ? communicate.
?? ??
?? ?? ? I agree. I use mine all the time, but the contacts inside
?? ?? ? are wearing out. Where would you find an inexpensive new
?? ?? ? analog meter? Do they even make them anymore?
?? ??
?? ?? A half decent DVM will have a a bargraph to mimic a needle movement.
?? ?
?? ?
?? ? A decent DVM won't have a bargraph to annoy you.
?? ?
?? ?
?? ? --
?? ? You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a band-aid on it, because it's
?? ? Teflon coated.
?? ?
??
?? Fluke meters have a bar graph and I find it usefull.
?
?
? God for you. I never have. BTW, it's spelled useful, with one 'l'.

And Good is spelled with two "O"s

I never claim to be perfect.