Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default Looking For Usable Multimeter - Cheap

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Shaun wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Peabody wrote:
There's a bi-monthly swap meet near me for computer
stuff, etc. that has old voltmeters (analog too!). They
are mostly returns that somebody blew the fuse in and
returned. Watching a needle move *can* give useful
information that a digital readout doesn't easily
communicate.

I agree. I use mine all the time, but the contacts inside
are wearing out. Where would you find an inexpensive new
analog meter? Do they even make them anymore?

A half decent DVM will have a a bargraph to mimic a needle movement.

A decent DVM won't have a bargraph to annoy you.

Teflon coated.

Fluke meters have a bar graph and I find it usefull.

God for you. I never have. BTW, it's spelled useful, with one 'l'.

And Good is spelled with two "O"s