Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default clenaing pennies didn't work.

Tooth Sucking Idiot wrote in news:ce5d0b09-e3a6-4297-
:

On Feb 27, 12:58*am, mm wrote:
So I had some dirty pennies, plus one each of a nickel, dime, and
quarter, that were dark or had white or even blue stuff on them. *Some
had been sitting in water somewhere maybe. *

And following the dictum, google is your friend, I didn't ask here
what to do, but looked it up * How to clean dirty pennies, dimes.

And it said use vinegar and salt, and I did, and the worst ones look
better now, but the rest of them look worse!! *They all have white
"powder" stuck to them, and it doesn't come off. *So I rinsed them in
water again (even though I'd rinsed them plenty after the vinegar.)

BTW, none of the pennies came out shiny, like the web pages said it
would

Is it because I didn't use white vinegar? * I used cider vinegar.
Surely that's okay. *Not enough salt. *

What should I do now? *Can I take them to the bank and then it will be
the bank's problem? *What about the mint? *Don't I owe society more
than that?

I'm going to buy some Cherry Zero Coke tomorrow. * Will that help? *D

I have to omit the Cherry? *(I remember that diet works as well as
with sugar)

Thanks.

When I worked as an indoor mall security guard we used to catch people
like you all the time jumping in the wishing well wasted picking up
change.

Once a coin is touched it is not worth much of collecting value.

False. You imply all this is BS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_grading

The oil on fingers begins the decomposition process.
If you just want to wash the **** off them put them in a sock tie the
end off the sock and throw it in the washing machine..
Other than that if you melt it down it may be worth more. From what I
understand the losers in the government spend more money making a
penny than they are worth