Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default A day with a Chinese engineer

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:19:40 -0500, Wes
wrote:

The other day I had a Chinese engineer that is currently working at our design facility
making parts on one of my lines. He wanted to understand just how our product is
produced.

Well he saw a vibratory bowl feeder that feeds screws in to the cell.

SNIP

Hey Wes,

Ever hear the motto "Syntron Shakes the Nation". They were world
leaders in the technology at one time. Don't know about now. I've
seen some of their stuff that you could throw a specific bunch of
fastener parts into the hopper, and it would sort the bolts by length,
sort the nuts, and both washers and put them all in the proper place.
Amazing.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.