Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gill Smith Gill Smith is offline

Default Strange telephone call

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
A very nice Asian sounding man called Barry from Global UK working on
behalf of Microsoft! Keeps telephoning me and STWNFI insisting that our
computers are infected with a virus that is bombarding them the internet
with spam. He tried to convince me that our IP address had been identified
by the International Routing System and this had alerted Microsoft to call
in his services. I led him on a bit this afternoon and he asked me to run
EVENT VWR on my PC.
Sadly at that point the other phone rang and it was a call I was waiting
for so had to take it.
Anyone know where this was leading?

your wallet......

--