Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A day with a Chinese engineer

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 01:29:45 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:19:40 -0500, Wes
wrote:

The other day I had a Chinese engineer that is currently working at our design facility
making parts on one of my lines. He wanted to understand just how our product is
produced.

--snip--

Both the Chinese engineer (doctorial candidate) and this maintenance tech was pretty darn
happy understanding something yesterday. He seeing it for the first time and me seeing
them for years but never really understanding the finer points.

How good of you to convey as much of our technological expertise as
possible to your Chinese doctoral candidate colleague.

Yeah! They only have our nuclear bomb secrets and the entire array of
stealth fighter and bionic soldier specs now.

Do NOT tell them about important secrets such as the way a vibratory
tumbler works. Don't you dare, Wes!

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London