Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking For Usable Multimeter - Cheap

A decent DVM won't have a bargraph to annoy you.

That must make my Fluke 87 indecent.

I prefer a good bench meter, and always found meters with
bargraphs to be very annoying. They don't have enough
resolution for the work I need a DVM for. For some jobs I've
had to use a 5&3/4 digit DVM.

If you're working at a bench, it makes sense to use a meter that sits at eye
level, rather than having to fiddle with what is basically a hand-held meter
(such as my 87).

Ad for the bar graph... I don't notice it unless I have a need for it.