Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Strange telephone call

If not, I suspect this selling of data (whether you're a witness or
directly involved) is illegal. You have no business relationship with
them and the Data Protection Registrar really ought to look into this.

That does not help much if (as is often the case) the call is coming
from India from an Indian firm working on the commission they get for
providing "leads". All such firms overseas know as well as your local
yobs that "you can't touch me".

The government tells us the £250m or so a year the UK provides in the
form of overseas aid to India improves our national security. But sadly
it does not seem to buy us any security from (in the past week alone
here) telephone offering release from my debts, savings on gas and
electricity, cheaper insurance and entry in a free draw if I'll just
answer a few questions about my savings.

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com