Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Strange telephone call

On Feb 25, 6:55 pm, "MuddyMike" wrote:
A very nice Asian sounding man called Barry from Global UK working on behalf
of Microsoft! Keeps telephoning me and STWNFI insisting that our computers
are infected with a virus that is bombarding them the internet with spam. He
tried to convince me that our IP address had been identified by the
International Routing System and this had alerted Microsoft to call in his
services. I led him on a bit this afternoon and he asked me to run EVENT VWR
on my PC.
Sadly at that point the other phone rang and it was a call I was waiting for
so had to take it.
Anyone know where this was leading? I know its a crock of ****, for one
thing we don't have a static IP address that could be traced back to my
phone number.

Mike

time you did some googling methinks

http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/suppor...temrecure-scam