Brian Turner

Default Router Table vs Router Table extension on Table Saw

I had a Craftsman router table. Recently I went into the Sears store
and noticed the same router table mounted to a Craftman 10" table saw.
I called Sears and ordered the parts to mount my router table to my
saw. Personally, I like it. Not only does it save room in my shop,
it is the right height and I can use the back of my fence to route
dados in lager pieces of wood than I could with the fence that came
with the router table. Dust collection is an issue but I like the
other post that suggests making a router fence to mount to my table
saw fence. The fence that came with the Craftsman router table has a
lot to be desired anyway.

(Davemac) wrote in message . com...
Having a router table would be nice but it's another piece of
furniture in the woodshop. Attempting to save space I would like to
make a router extension on the table saw. My question is with the
narrow extension will I have more vibration because of the limited
area to work on?