Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Found object

"Steve B" wrote in message

"ghb624" wrote in message
Here's a photo of something I found the other day while walking near
the Norfolk Southern rail line in Huntsville (northern Alabama).
Anyone able to ID what it might be, or what it's from?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghb624/5471337467/

I got no idea what it is, but someone put a lot of work into it to get the
markings in just the right spot, drilled and shaped, and that slider dowel
is curious.

Steve

The sliding dowel looks like it may have a taper ground on its underside. IF
there was a rod that ran on this taper and it pushed on the arm that hangs
out the left hand side tehn MAYBE it could be used to test a radius / outer
diameter for go/no go acceptance.