Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

Default Washing machine motor won't start, bad triac ?

On 2011-02-16, kwamena banson wrote:

To be very sure you disconect the motor and test it on the mains at a
reduced voltage.

The BTB15-600C is hard to find but RS carry the BTB16-600C.
Swapping in a new triac made no difference, though.

So I tried exactly what you're suggesting : motor on a big 24 V
transformer. If the rotor is a certain angle (or 180° from it),
the motor doesn't start when power is applied.

When you reverse the phase on the stator (for reverse), you
still have a pair of diametrically opposed "dead spots" but
they're at an angle from the original ones.

"The object of this year's expedition is to see if we can find
trace of last year's expedition."