Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Found object

On 2011-02-24, wrote:
Here's a photo of something I found the other day while walking near
the Norfolk Southern rail line in Huntsville (northern Alabama).
Anyone able to ID what it might be, or what it's from?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghb624/5471337467/

Well -- the E/L markings suggest it is part of some kind of
timing adjustment -- likely ignition in something.

E Early
L Late

Enjoy,
DoN.

It's general aluminumness really suggested "bicycle" to me more than
"train" -- but it could be some bracket off of a dirt bike motor,
complete with timing marks, couldn't it?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services