Posted to alt.home.repair

Default question about space heater in patio-- connected to water heater

On Feb 21, 3:54*pm, KOS wrote:
Hi
ive got a floor heater in my patio that is hooked up to my main water
heater..... the fans are making a lot of noise.. I want to oil the
fans, what type of lubricant should I use? silicon spray or wd40?
the brand is vrv products out of michigan
thanks
KOS

make certain fans and area around them are clean and no air
obstructions, power it off and check fans for easy turning. fan motor
may need lubed, but dirt buildup obstructing airflow can cause motor
noise.

added motor load causes noise.

so can loose hardware