Mike Faithfull

Default recomend a quiet air conditioner?

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:25:28 GMT, "MrCheerful"
wrote:

I have an ex restaurant wall mounted unit fitted on my landing wall,
this cools the bedrooms and cool falls down stairs nicely to cool the
ground floor, it is on almost continually at present, we sleep well,
the hum of the fan is like white noise, you just don't hear it after a
while. We are still wrapped up in duvets at night, lovely!!

As a matter of interest, have you seen an electricity bill yet? Just
wondered whether this was costly to run?

I pay for my electrickery on a fixed monthly payment, but the supplier
hasn't asked for an increase even though I've had my split system
airconditioner for 10 months now and use it most days - heating in winter,
cooling at the moment. It's an 'inverter' model which basically means the
motor/compressor has an electronic speed control driven by a temperature
sensor, so when there's little demand for cooling or heating it just runs
slowly with a consequent saving in power consumption. It's very quiet too.

Unfortunately, it's only fitted in the office and doesn't cool upstairs