Posted to alt.home.repair

Default question about space heater in patio-- connected to water heater

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi
ive got a floor heater in my patio that is hooked up to my main water
heater..... the fans are making a lot of noise.. I want to oil the
fans, what type of lubricant should I use? silicon spray or wd40?
the brand is vrv products out of michigan
thanks
KOS

Neither. Use an oil designed for motors, such as regular 30 weight
non-detergent motor oil. Used to be 3 in 1 was good for that but I don't
know if it still is.

The fans may be noisy for other reasons too. Poor design, something hitting
the blades, etc.