Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default Left handed Chainsaw

On 20/02/2011 21:20, Andy Champ wrote:

[1] That's a left-handed chainsaw-user, not a left-handed-chainsaw user.

I have always been too worried about the lethal properties of a chainsaw
ever to use one. I cut up wood with an axe.

I too am left handed. A chainsaw (not that I use them often!) is one of
those things where you just have to learn to do it wrong handed.

I too am left handed but have found that anything that needs both hands
is relatively easy to learn right handed but that might explain why my
attempts to play a guitar and golf were not particularly successful. ;-)

My mouse, on the other hand :P is on the left of the keyboard. My sons,
both right handed as it happens, use it on the left. It's the way it
always was when they were small! My wife however insists on moving it.

For some obscure reason I learnt to use a mouse with my right hand and
now find left handed mouse use awkward and I have been known to confuse
left and right both under direction and in one particular case myself
driving a screw in an awkward position and congratulating myself that I
was left handed just before I realised I was using my right hand.

The gripping hand is that we live in a world of right handers.

About 90% apparently. My particular hate is scissors. Not only are the
grips often shaped for the wrong hand using them with the left hand
means the slack between the blades is opened up instead of being closed
down.