Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Left handed Chainsaw

On 20/02/2011 17:35, Mike Barnes wrote:

I'm a left-handed chainsaw user[1] and I've never given the matter any
thought. In general I find it better to adapt to the right-handed method
for two-handed activities, but obviously I use the left hand for one-handed
activities. [Stop that tittering at the back, Right Now.] But sometimes -
for instance, with a mouse - it's better to learn to do it right-handed
from the outset.

[1] That's a left-handed chainsaw-user, not a left-handed-chainsaw user.

I too am left handed. A chainsaw (not that I use them often!) is one of
those things where you just have to learn to do it wrong handed.

My mouse, on the other hand :P is on the left of the keyboard. My sons,
both right handed as it happens, use it on the left. It's the way it
always was when they were small! My wife however insists on moving it.

The gripping hand is that we live in a world of right handers.

Andy