Bob G.

Default Router Table vs Router Table extension on Table Saw

On 1 Feb 2004 09:51:59 -0800, (Davemac) wrote:

Having a router table would be nice but it's another piece of
furniture in the woodshop. Attempting to save space I would like to
make a router extension on the table saw. My question is with the
narrow extension will I have more vibration because of the limited
area to work on?

I would have to answer NO it should not...at least if you constructed
the extension correctly.....

Having said that... I can understand the need to save space because I
too am kind of boxed in so to speak in my shop....the old adage that
"stuff" expands to fill any given area.... BUT I did purchase a
separate router table ... the work surface (on the table saw was just
way too low ...it was not a pain in the a$$ ...but rather a major pain
in the back...

Bob Griffiths