Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Left handed Chainsaw

Bill :
He was saying that he had started to use the saw but after about 30
minutes he suddenly realised he was holding it with his arms crossed. He
then tried holding it correctly in the right handed way, but said it
didn't feel as easy or right.

I said I'd ask about this here. Has anyone any advice?

I'm a left-handed chainsaw user[1] and I've never given the matter any
thought. In general I find it better to adapt to the right-handed method
for two-handed activities, but obviously I use the left hand for one-handed
activities. [Stop that tittering at the back, Right Now.] But sometimes -
for instance, with a mouse - it's better to learn to do it right-handed
from the outset.

[1] That's a left-handed chainsaw-user, not a left-handed-chainsaw user.

--
Mike Barnes