Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default Left handed Chainsaw

Andrew Mawson wrote:

Having just cut up some 3 tons of logs into woodburner sized 8"
chucks I feel qualified to comment!

I'm right handed so not qualified to comment but 3 tonnes of logs ( or 7
tank fills whichever came first) was my daily throughput with a saw.
Cutting pulp at GBP4/tonne earned me a good wage in the 70s.

Bracing the saw against the work piece or the thigh is to control kickback,
it's a properly mounted chain catcher as the pulling chain enters the
clutch housing that controls a broken chain, spitting teeth when you try
and cut some embedded shrapnel goes forward.

AJH