Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Left handed Chainsaw

"andrew" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

I said I'd ask about this here. Has anyone any advice?

Not really but all chainsaws are designed for the front handle in

the left
hand and the throttle handle in the right I've not heard southpaws

complain
about it.

AJH

I also am left handed, and it does make using a chain saw somewhat
difficult - I find I get lower back pain on one side as I'm reaching
over sideways. You are supposed to hold the beast so that the chain is
not in line with you, so if a chain breaks it misses you as it flies
off. Having just cut up some 3 tons of logs into woodburner sized 8"
chucks I feel qualified to comment!

AWEM