Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default While Iggy's talking about safes...

Frank J Warner wrote:

It's location, actually. I live next door to a sheriff's substation.
Patrol cars coming and going at all hours of the day & night. They wave
& smile as they go by. Some of you might not be so lucky . . . .

A few years ago, I was living in a second-floor apartment in San Pedro, CA.
I had my bike locked to the stairway handrail. The bike lock was one of the
ones with about a 5/16" steel cable. One morning, I came down to discover
the bike gone and the cable cut - the cable strands were all splayed, as if
they'd taken a hacksaw to it.

Now I live in Whittier and have a Master lock and a length of 3/4" log
chain. At night, I keep the bike inside.

Cheers!
Rich