Posted to alt.home.repair
John Simpson[_2_] John Simpson[_2_] is offline

Default Under-Cabinet Lighting

"John Simpson" wrote in message
The wife decided that she wants LED under-cabinet lighting under
the four cabinets. I've found the fixtures and power supply online,
but the interconnecting wiring has me confused. I've found various
lengths cables with molded connectors (outrageously priced), but
what I want to do is buy wire and connectors and make them up
myself because a couple of the runs are long, and I don't want to
have to drill holes big enough to pass a connector through.

Are these special connectors? Are they available on line? What gauge
wire do I need to use?

Thanks in advance for any information.

JAS

Thanks to some of the replies, I think my light has finally come on! What
I didn't realize was that some brands of fixtures can be direct wired
without having to use connectors. That certainly solves the problem.

Thanks!

JAS

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5881 (20110216) __________

http://www.eset.com