Posted to alt.home.repair
Colonel Polyps Colonel Polyps is offline

Default Do they make 6 inch concrete blocks?

On Feb 15, 5:08*am, wrote:
I have a small deck built in stacked 8 inch concrete blocks. *I first
put in concrete pads in the ground, then stacked three 8 inch concrete
blocks on top and built the deck on them. *This deck was fine in the
summer, but when winter came, I found it was too close to the bottom
of the storm door on the house. *Just the smallest amount of ice on
the deck and we cant open the storm door. *As soon as the ice and snow
is gone, I want to lower the deck about 2 inches. *I can easily lift
it with a jack. My idea is to remove the top 8 inch block and replace
it with a 6 inch one in all four corners. *But, do they make 6 inch
blocks? * I know 8" is the most common, and they make 4" ones. *But I
never seens 6" ones. *I suppose if nothing else I can make some solid
ones with a wooden form and some Redi-Mix.

Thanks

The ground may shift every year. Use a four inch block and paver
blocks and a few cedar roofing shims. Or PT like someone else
suggested. Adjust it seasonally