Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Installing door strike plate

On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, Red Green wrote:

That sounded easy.

Hmmm, did you originally come up with "Only xx EASY payments of..."???

Nope, but I'm the guy that originally saved people a penny or nickel
on every purchase.
"Now, only $9.99!"

OTOH, Vix bit. Never heard of it. Yep, Googled it. Neat...all 50
bizillion times I coulda used it. Doesn't appear to be a Borg item (not
surprised). Woodworkers supply store bailed town long ago. Maybe
contractor tool supply.

The Vix bit is/was the original and possibly patented. They are all
dedicated for drilling the centered pilot hole. Most people actually
put something in that centered hole after drilling it, so they came up
with two-part bits - self-centering pilot as first stage, slip off the
centering sleeve and there's a drill bit underneath as I mention in my
windbag post. Makita makes a 'flip' style centering/driving bit.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...adwtrack100-20