Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Are all truck batteries created equal?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:26:55 -0600, Ignoramus14196

On 2011-02-14, Larry Jaques wrote:

Why do you desire a deep-cycle battery in an automotive environment,
Ig? They're recharged every time you start the engine.

I have a laptop and sometimes I forget to turn off the inverter for
it. If I had extra capacity, I would be better off with that.

Install an auxiliary battery and isolator (glorified relay.) It allows
both to charge, but only the aux to drain when the key is off.
Many trucks were built with the extra tray installed.

--
Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills.
-- Minna Thomas Antrim