Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Are all truck batteries created equal?

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:34:56 -0600, Ignoramus9135

On 2011-02-14, John wrote:
Ignoramus9135 wrote:
My truck battery is dying, and I was wondering if there is such as
thing as a "better battery", or are they all created the same. Thnks

How old is it?

2-3 years old

There may not be much warranty left, but if the store allows it, see
if you can get a different brand or style covered under warranty.
I've heard (but have no experience with) that the newer Optima ripple
sided batteries are the sturdiest.

The Optimas would be one of the AGM type batteries I noted (in a spiral
configuration).