Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14196 Ignoramus14196 is offline

Default Are all truck batteries created equal?

On 2011-02-14, wrote:
Ignoramus9135 wrote:
My truck battery is dying, and I was wondering if there is such as
thing as a "better battery", or are they all created the same. Thnks

How old is it?

John

2-3 years old

That's just beyond the warranty period, like all of wally-marts
batteries do.

First check the voltage coming out of the alternator at a higher than
idle engine rpm.

It should be no more than 14.2 volts. If it is than that is the reason
the battery is failing.

John, it is below that, I have a voltmeter on my dash.

So, what is the word on gel cell batteries?